Who are Ambassadors?
A diverse group of 5 dedicated community leaders who...
- Live, work, or have significant community ties in one of the neighborhoods along the Lafitte Greenway
- Are passionate about inspiring community to get outside and get active
- Have an interest in healthy communities and a healthy environment, and
- Are rooted in New Orleans’ history, and looking to build its future
What do Ambassadors do?
- About the Greenway, it’s historical and cultural landmarks, and stormwater management features
- Techniques for community organizing, outreach, and engagement
- With leaders from other neighborhoods
- Friends, family, and neighbors in Greenway health, nature, and community-building activities
- Monthly Ambassador Activities: Community engagement pop ups, Lafitte Greenway Walking Tours, volunteer projects, and more!
- Ambassador Project - program, event, or improvement of Ambassadors’ choosing
- Peer-to-Peer learning with community leaders in Gentilly’s new Resiliency District
This program is made possible thanks to generous support from The Foundation for Louisiana.