Community is at the heart of Friends of Lafitte Greenway's work. The Lafitte Greenway Ambassador program empowers community leaders to drive our programs and events, outreach activities, tours, and more on the Greenway.
Who are Greenway Ambassadors?
Ambassadors are a diverse group of dedicated community leaders from each of the Greenway’s neighboring communities who...
- Share information about the Greenway, and its programs and events with neighbors, community members, and trail users,
- Gather ideas about the Greenway from their neighbors,
- Represent the Greenway at community gatherings, meetings, and events, and
- Shape the future of the Lafitte Greenway.
What do Ambassadors do?
Over six months, Ambassadors practice leadership and outreach skills, guide Greenway developments and programs, and connect their neighbors to health, nature, and each other on the Greenway. The program includes extensive leadership training, monthly meet-ups and engagement activities, and a final collaborative project that solves a problem or meets a community need. Ambassadors are paid a stipend for their time.
Become an Ambassador!
We’re looking for 5-6 Ambassadors who...
- Live, work, or have strong community ties in one or more of the neighborhoods along the Lafitte Greenway (French Quarter, Iberville, Treme/Lafitte, Tulane-Gravier, Lower Mid-City, Mid-City, Faubourg St. John, Navarre),
- Love talking to their neighbors, and meeting new people,
- Love to be outside, and are passionate about inspiring community to get outside and get active, and
- Are interested in building healthy communities and a healthy environment.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form below by January 23rd, 2020. Prefer pen & paper? Download a printable application form here.
This program is made possible thanks to generous support from The Foundation for Louisiana and the Keller Family Foundation.