Title: Programs Intern
Posted: May 8, 2017
Essential Job Duties & Functions:
Advance community access to fitness opportunities
- Facilitate recreation and physical activity programming on the Lafitte Greenway through coordination of fitness events. Engage and connect community members to ReFresh Coalition, FitNOLA, and other health and fitness programming citywide.
- Foster and maintain partnerships with preventative health and fitness providers to strengthen Get Fit the Green Way programming.
- Market health programs through program flyers, digital communication and social media, and in-person outreach to neighborhood and community groups.
- Secure grants and sponsorships to ensure program sustainability.
Improve access to healthy local foods
- Assist with developing Lafitte Greenway Community Garden proposal and fundraising plan
- Develop and manage monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure continued program success.
Foster environmental stewardship
- Assist with development of curriculum resources for youth environmental education excursions
- Co-lead youth environmental education excursions
- Co-lead regular volunteer trash pickups on the Greenway
- Passion for the mission of Friends of Lafitte Greenway and a desire to serve as an ambassador for this transformative project.
- Ability to communicate respectfully, easily, and well with people of all social and cultural backgrounds, ages, and experience levels.
- Contributes to creating a work and learning environment and culture that is positive, inclusive, and committed to serving the needs of the community.
- Flexible, adaptable, positive attitude. Open to feedback and willing to learn new tools and techniques.
- Ability to travel within the New Orleans area.
- Ability to bike and lift equipment (up to 30 lbs.)
- Flexible hours with ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Conversational Spanish preferred
Supervisor: Nellie Catzen, Program Coordinator
Position Type: Unpaid Internship, 20 hours/week
Duration: June - August 2017
Computer: Computer not available; intern will use personal computer
To apply: Send a résumé and cover letter to Nellie Catzen at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 22nd.
Friends of Lafitte Greenway is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends of Lafitte Greenway provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Friends of Lafitte Greenway complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Friends of Lafitte Greenway expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Friends of Lafitte Greenway employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.