WAIVER OF LIABILITY ...................................................................................................................This Waiver of Liability (the “Waiver”) executed by the “Volunteer” in favor of Friends of Lafitte Corridor, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Louisiana, USA, and their directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “FOLC”).
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for FOLC and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for a work project.
The Volunteer hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, executes this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. The Volunteer releases and forever discharges and holds harmless FOLC and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from volunteer work with FOLC. The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that this Waiver discharges FOLC from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against FOLC with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on the FOLC volunteer project. The Volunteer understands that FOLC does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. The Volunteer understands and expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of FOLC beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of FOLC in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. The Volunteer hereby releases and forever discharges FOLC from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the Volunteer’s time with FOLC.
4. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that time with FOLC may include activities that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, lifting of heavy equipment and materials, handling sharp objects and waste, perils associated with volunteering on a water craft, and local transportation to and from the work sites. The Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases FOLC from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of the Volunteer’s time with FOLC.
5. Photographic Release. The Volunteer grants and conveys unto FOLC all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by FOLC during the Volunteer’s work for FOLC, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Louisiana in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana. The Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
If you agree to the terms of this Waiver of Liability, electronically sign your NAME & DATE below (e.g. Jean Lafitte, 01/15/1780)