Friends of Lafitte Greenway seeks to recruit an AmeriCorps Projects & Programs Coordinator with Serve Louisiana beginning summer 2022.
- Lead the Greenway Ambassador program, a cohort of Greenway community leaders
- Represent the organization at neighborhood, community, and coalition meetings
- Table for the organization at community events
- Support survey development, data collection, data entry and analysis.
- Develop communications to support community engagement.
- Coordinate the Get Fit the Greenway free fitness class program
- Coordinate the Environmental Stewardship program that maintains and cares for the Greenway, including volunteer recruitment, coordination, and management.
- Coordinate and work with staff on cultural programs including holiday events, music and arts events.
- Coordinate with staff on the Greenway Supernova light-based art and music festival.
- Complete data entry and analysis for programs.
- Collaborate with the Tulane Small Center design-build partnership program.
- Support art project coordination including a mural on the Greenway's basketball courts.
- Coordinate meetings of the Planning & Design Committee and sub-committees and associated projects.
- Support environmental stewardship projects including tree and meadow plantings.
- Support trail completion project.
- Support bridge development project.
-Must be willing to work a 40 hour workweek, will receive two consecutive days off
-Must have the COVID-19 Vaccine
Reports to: Projects & Programs Manager
To Apply: Apply for this opportunity here
About the Serve Louisiana AmeriCorps Program:
Visit Serve Louisiana's website to learn more about this AmeriCorps Program.