The Lafitte Greenway Youth Ambassador Program (LGYAP) uses nature as a classroom and playground to teach children healthy living, nutrition awareness, environmental stewardship, and bike/pedestrian safety while promoting outdoor play.
The LGYAP operates once a week at Success Preparatory Academy during Physical Education class. The program will expand to become an after-school program with third and fourth graders.
Youth Ambassadors Learn...
- What does it mean to live healthy?
- How do we create a healthy community?
- How can we protect and preserve the natural environment?
- How do we bike and walk safely?
- Where and what is the Lafitte Greenway?