The safety and health of our community are our top priority. As of October 2nd, the City of New Orleans is in Phase 3.1 of the Coronavirus Safe Reopening Plan. We have amended our program protocols in response to rising COVID-19 cases in our state, and to these new guidelines. Our programming will proceed under the following safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and adhere to the City of New Orleans’ Guidelines for Safe Reopening, and the Louisiana Department of Health's Guidance for Outdoor Playcenters and for fitness classes.
Our staff is closely monitoring reopening guidance and case data, and will continually adjust this plan in response to the latest guidance.
Program Adjustments - 2020 Fall Fitness Programming
LAST UPDATED: October 5, 2020
Class Size - Classes are limited to a maximum of 50 participants, with 1 crowd enforcement officer, and required physical distancing. This class size is intentionally smaller than the City's stated maximum of 100 people for outdoor gatherings.
Social Distancing - Procedures are in place to ensure participants stay at least 6 ft away from one another at before, during, and after class. Upon arrival, participants will go directly to the class area and set up their mats at pre-marked locations on the field. Participants will be spaced 20 feet apart.
- Masks or face coverings are required upon arrival and departure. Masks will be available for free to anyone who does not have one. You may remove your mask while class is in progress.
- Adjustments to Sign In Process - To prevent gathering, sign in will be decentralized. Staff or volunteers will circulate the class area to sign in participants from a safe distance. To abide by contact tracing guidance, class will not begin until all participants have been signed in with their name, email, and phone number. We encourage all participants pre-register!
- Symptom Screening - People who are sick, vulnerable to infection, or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 are asked not to attend class. All participants will have their temperature checked at sign in. Those with a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit on two contactless readings will not be allowed to participate.
- Hygiene - Hand sanitizer will be available for participants and staff, and we encourage everyone to use it regularly.
- No Shared Mats, Pens, or Water Cooler - To avoid shared objects, we will no longer provide water or yoga mats. Please bring your own!
Health Education Safety Signage - Safety guidelines will be posted at the sign in area, and read aloud at the outset of each class. (see below)
- Class Size - Classes are limited to a maximum of 50 participants, with 1 crowd enforcement officer, and required physical distancing. This class size is intentionally smaller than the City's stated maximum of 100 people for outdoor gatherings.
Guidelines for Safe Greenway Use
Be sure you're getting reliable information: check ready.nola.gov for updates about New Orleans' COVID-19 response.