The City of New Orleans announced public meetings for Moving New Orleans: Bikes, an iniative to develop a citywide bikeway network. At the Greenway, we know how important it is to have safe, connected, and protected bikeways in New Orleans. Join us at these public meetings to give your input.
The first round of public meetings begins the second week of April and the City is asking everyone to help identify specific areas with transportation challenges, desired biking and walking destinations, and potential bike routes. Your voice is crucial to creating a strong collective vision for increasing safe and equitable transportation options.
Each City Council district will host at least one meeting, but feel free to come to any. All meetings run from 6 - 7:30pm. Meeting dates are:
- Monday, April 8 – District B – Kipp - Booker T. Washington (2514 Third St.)
- Wednesday, April 10 – District A – Stuart Hall, Cafeteria (2031 S Carrollton Ave.)
- Thursday, April 11 – District C – Kipp Renaissance School (3820 St. Claude Ave.)
- Monday, April 15 – District C – Algiers Regional Library (3014 Holiday Dr.)
- Tuesday, April 16 – District D – AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana (3155 Gentilly Blvd.)
- Wednesday, April 17 – District E – Martin Luther King Library (1611 Caffin Ave.)
- Thursday, April 18 – District E – East New Orleans Regional Library (5641 Read Blvd.)
Can't make the meetings? Leave your feedback on the City's website!
Do you like this page?