A Community Forum - Hosted by Bike Easy, Presented by Entergy, Supported by Bike Law
Bicycling, walking and transit in New Orleans has come a long way. In this panel discussion, we’ll hear from bicycle, walking and mobility community leaders about where we’ve come from and their vision for the future. Led by Sophie Harris of Friends of Lafitte Corridor, panelists will kick off a discussion about how far we’ve come and what is coming next.
Sophie Harris, Friends of the Lafitte Corridor – Moderator
Doctor Eric Griggs
Rachel Heiligman, Ride New Orleans
Jennifer Ruley, Louisiana Public Health Institute
Charlie Thomas, Bike Law Louisiana
- Improving the walking and bicycling network by increasing connectivity
- Health, economic and community benefits of active transportation
- Priority projects and future funding sources
- Community involvement and reducing ‘bikelash’
- What’s next to make New Orleans a world-class bicycling city?
Participants will break into small groups, moderated by Bike Easy volunteers to dream up what we think bicycling can be in the future. Your group feedback will be integrated into Bike Easy’s strategic planning process for 2015-2018!
2200 Lafitte St
New Orleans, LA 70119
Google map and directions