Who are Ambassadors?
A diverse group of 5 dedicated community leaders who...
- Live, work, or have significant community ties in one of the neighborhoods along the Lafitte Greenway
- Are passionate about inspiring community to get outside and get active
- Have an interest in healthy communities and a healthy environment, and
- Are rooted in New Orleans’ history, and looking to build its future
What do Ambassadors do?
- About the Greenway, it’s historical and cultural landmarks, and stormwater management features
- Techniques for community organizing, outreach, and engagement
- With leaders from other neighborhoods
- Friends, family, and neighbors in Greenway health, nature, and community-building activities
- Monthly Ambassador Activities: Community engagement pop ups, Lafitte Greenway Walking Tours, volunteer projects, and more!
- Ambassador Project - program, event, or improvement of Ambassadors’ choosing
- Peer-to-Peer learning with community leaders in Gentilly’s new Resiliency District
What is the time commitment? 4-8 hours per month from December 2017 to September 2018. Ambassadors receive a stipend for their time.
Applications are still open for some of the Greenway's neighborhoods. Download the application form here.
This program is made possible thanks to generous support from The Foundation for Louisiana.